kernel source install

Neil Cherry ncherry at comcast.net
Sun Oct 9 23:11:48 UTC 2005

Jeff McKeon wrote:
>> -----Original Message-----
>> From: fedora-list-bounces at redhat.com
>> [mailto:fedora-list-bounces at redhat.com] On Behalf Of Neil Cherry

Nasty Microsoft headers! Bad Microsoft, Bad!

>> When "yum list" doesn't turn up anything I try "yum search".
>
> Neil and Craig,
>
> You're both correct, I don't have the openssl-devel installed.  I'll try
> that and move on.

The first time I tried to recompile the kernel I nearly lost my
mind. What happened to make bzlilo? ;-) After a bit of searching
the archives I finally found the solution (rpmbuild ...). I now
have it stored away for future use (now if I can just remember
where I put the info!). I long for the days when it took my
16 MHz 386/SX 2 days to compile the kernel (NOT!).

Linux Home Automation         Neil Cherry       ncherry at comcast.net
http://home.comcast.net/~ncherry/               (Text only)
http://hcs.sourceforge.net/                     (HCS II)