mmap: Cannot allocate memory

Shannon Scott sscott at mapit.net
Mon Oct 10 14:29:35 UTC 2005

Greetings,
I have a program that manipulates data for me on a linux server.
Recently when I try to run the program, I get the following error:
mmap: Cannot allocate memory

This happens immediately after starting the program, but the system has
1Gig of RAM.

Has anyone else experienced this issue?
Can anyone provide insight into the cause of this problem?

Thank you for any help or pointers.
Shannon

Fedora 3

ulimit -a output:
core file size          (blocks, -c) 0
pending signals                 (-i) 16381
max locked memory       (kbytes, -l) 32
open files                      (-n) 1024
pipe size            (512 bytes, -p) 8
POSIX message queues     (bytes, -q) 819200
stack size              (kbytes, -s) 10240
max user processes              (-u) 16381