Unable to use YUM to update

John Moore database1 at qualitycareforchildren.org
Mon Oct 10 22:47:37 UTC 2005

10.10.2005

Last time I did yum (yum update), it updated the kernel to 2.6.13.  Ever
since, doing yum update I get this at the terminal:

[jmoore at localhost ~]$ yum update
Config Error: Error accessing file for config file:///etc/yum.conf

I have checked out /etc/ (doing su -) and found that yum.conf looked
like yum.conf~.  Thought that might be the problem so I renamed it back
to yum.conf but I still get the same problem at the terminal.

Oh, and Yumex just flashes open but doesn't stay open.  That is, Yumex
also doesn't work.

Any suggestions?
John Moore
Atlanta, GA