FC4 screen resolution problem

Jean François Ortolo ortolojf at free.fr
Wed Oct 12 07:17:19 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-10-12 at 00:39 +0200, David Becker wrote:

> The manual for the monitor is available through the LG website, at least
> if it's model L1730S FH. Check if those values coincide with the ones
> you're currently using.
>
> 	David

Thank you very much Sir

  I looked at the LG site: The specifications of the Flatron L1730S FH,
are the same I got on the web site, e.g.:

  Horiz. Sync Refresh : 30.00 - 83.00 KHz
  Vert.  Sync Refresh : 56.00 - 75.00 Hz

  Those I'd set up in the xorg.conf file, however, I got the same
problem, after adding the "1024x768" resolution in the proper paragraph:

  When I startx as root, all works fine, the virtual screen is ok, the
sreen is ok.

  When I startx as normal user, the virtual screen is much smaller than
the global screen, and I don't have any menu available. Obliged to kill
the X server.

  There is no error in the Xorg.0.log file, I could send it if you want.

  Many thanks for any advices or suggestions

  Best regards.

  Jean Francois Ortolo