FC3 ->FC4 update DHCP problems

Gary Stainburn gary.stainburn at ringways.co.uk
Wed Oct 12 09:52:43 UTC 2005

Hi folks.

I've just upgraded my laptop from FC3 to FC4 and all seems fine (the
isolinux boot failure was fun) apart from the DHCP client.

When I boot up my laptop gets it's IP address/subnet  okay but the
default gateway, DNS and hostname arn't getting set any more.

I've tried it at two sites, and therefore 2 different DHCP servers.

I've done a 'yum update' and everything looks fine.  Also, I can't see
anything in /var/log/messages.

Anyone got any ideas?
--
Gary Stainburn