ELF Binary Stripper?

Scot L. Harris webid at cfl.rr.com
Wed Oct 12 19:35:18 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-10-12 at 15:25, William Hooper wrote:
> Scot L. Harris wrote:
> [snip]
> > Setting aside the discussion of prelink being useful or not, if you want
> > to disable it move the /etc/cron.daily/prelink file to a safe location.
> > That should prevent it from being run each day.
>
> I would think that editing /etc/sysconfig/prelink would be preferable.

Yes, see my other message on that.  :)

What I am not clear on is in that file if you set it to no it looks like
it wants to make a pass through the system undoing anything that was
prelinked.  Not sure if it does this each and every time it runs from
then on or just that one time.

BTW: prelink almost caused me a small heart attack a little over a year
and half ago on a new system that I setup with tripwire.  Had it all
set, modified policy and all.  Next morning big major flags raised all
over the system.  Thought someone had hacked it at first but finally
tracked it down to prelink changing all those executables and
libraries.  Note from now on that tripwire is NOT prelink aware.  :)