FC4 screen resolution problem

akonstam at trinity.edu akonstam at trinity.edu
Wed Oct 12 23:10:43 UTC 2005

>   Theoretically, there shouldn't be any error in this file, no ?
>
>   The problem occurs only when I startx as normal user, when I startx as
> root all goes fine.
>
>   Thank you very much for your help.
>
>   Best regards.
>
>   Jean Francois Ortolo

Ok, lets get down to brass tacks. When startx is run it produces output
which should be captured in a log file or you can capture it with a
redirect, The thing to do in my opinion is to compare the output as
root to the output as a normal user. Watch carefully for errors that are
produced. Focusing on the differences between the two outputs or the
error output should point you to the locus of the problem.

You might post the difference(s) an maybe some advice will emerge.

Aaron Konstam
Computer Science
Trinity University
telephone: (210)-999-7484