Why wont this script run??

Søren Neigaard s.neigaard at mobilethink.dk
Thu Oct 13 08:23:49 UTC 2005

Ben Stringer wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-10-13 at 08:43 +0200, Søren Neigaard wrote:
>

>>Ok i ran a dos2unix on the file, and that fixed it (my path to bash was
>

> Great.
>

>>ok). However now it only kills apache when i do a restart, it does never
>>print out "Starting httpd" when running a restart, although if i run
>>start it works???
>

> Someone else suggested a sleep between the stop and start.

Tried it, did not work.

>>Ok i agree on reinstalling apache, but how can i do this, and will it
>>owerwrite my httpd.conf?
>

> Depends on the RPM command you use. I think there is a freshen option,
> but if it was my system, I'd backup the files I cared about, then remove
> and re-install apache.
>
> So I'd suggest:
>
> cp /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf $HOME/saved_httpd.conf
> cp **ANYTHING ELSE YOU CHANGED** **SOMEWHERE SAFE**
> rpm -e httpd
> yum install httpd
>
> Then put back the files you backed up.
>
> Please don't try any of this if you are not confident with backing up
> any of your apache content or configuration.
>
> Cheers, Ben

Ok, all dependencies got removed just fine, but when it came to the
actual httpd i got this error:

service httpd does not support chkconfig
error: %preun(httpd-2.0.54-10.2.i386) scriptlet failed, exit status 1

GREAT!! So because my httpd script is fucked up, i cant even remove it??
Any ideas?

/Søren