good web editor

Andy Pieters mailings at vlaamse-kern.com
Thu Oct 13 20:46:59 UTC 2005

Hi

I can place Quanta on first place for a number of reasons.  One of the
features I like the most is its project management.  Once you defined your
project by use of a simple wizard, it is possible to just open the project,
and edit.  You can save the file you edited and it will be automatically
uploaded, or you can in the project add various ftp locations so you can
upload first to a test server, and then to the "real" server.  Quanta keeps
track of what you uploaded and where.

Second is its integrated php debugger, cvs support, and various other tools,
and is highly customizable and with Events associated to various actions you
can work in team.  So for example can you automatically send an email to a
collegue when a file is added, or changed, etc.

Bluefish is good, so is Vi, but Quanta is Great.  If you install the kdewebdev
package, you get many extras as well.

As a professional web developer, I would be willing to pay up to $300 dollar
if Quanta where only available for purchase.

With kind regards

Andy

--
Registered Linux User Number 379093
Now listening to [silence]

   amaroK::the Coolest Media Player in the known Universe!

   Cockroaches and socialites are the only things that can
   stay up all night and eat anything.
					    Herb Caen
--
--
Check out these few php utilities that I released

 http://www.vlaamse-kern.com/sas/