rhythmbox skips through songs

Brandon Keepers bkeepers at gmail.com
Fri Oct 14 13:50:52 UTC 2005

I've been consistently experiencing a problem with rhythmbox. In the
middle of playback, rhythmbox will begin playing through the file
extremely fast.  Usually, the counter continues at normal speed, but
sometimes it skips too.  This problem seems to occur most often when my
machine is under heavy load--like when I'm compiling--or when a lot of
RAM (512MB) is being utilized.  It's happened on several machines. It
also seems to happen on both mp3 and ogg files.

I started up rhythmbox with -d, but nothing is logged when the error
occurs.  This is happening on FC4 (although I believe I had it happen in
FC3 also).  I'm running the following versions:

rhythmbox-0.8.8-2
gstreamer-0.8.10-1

Any ideas?

Thanks,