FC4 Install Problem

Grant Evans grantlyevans at optusnet.com.au
Mon Oct 17 09:07:09 UTC 2005

Good Evening,

I am primarily a Windows user who has tinkered with Red Hat/Fedora over
recent years and use various linux concoctions on some servers at work.
After implementing FC2 as a web 'portal' server I recently decided to
install FC4 on my home PC for testing purposes.  I have never had a problem
installing any Linux but I find that the FC4 install CD1 boots into linux
and goes through all sorts of repeat text screens as if trying to talk to
the hardware and eventually seems to hang.  I assumed that FC4 would be able
to recognise my hardware even though it is fairly recent.  I have an ASUS
P5AD2 Deluxe motherboard with a 76GB WD SATA Raptor HDD and LG DVD.  Can you
assist me at all.

Regards.
Grant Evans