installing ant, java won't run

Michael Hennebry hennebry at web.cs.ndsu.nodak.edu
Mon Oct 17 20:20:38 UTC 2005

On Mon, 17 Oct 2005, Alexander Dalloz wrote:

> Am Mo, den 17.10.2005 schrieb Michael Hennebry um 21:13:
> > On Mon, 17 Oct 2005, Michael Hennebry wrote:
> >
> > > libgcj-java-placeholder.sh
> > >
> > > This script is a placeholder for the /usr/bin/java

> > I get that same result trying to run java directly.
> > If I uninstall ant will java run again?
> >
> > > Arrrg.
> > > Now what do I do?

> Follow the excellent howto
>
> http://fedoranews.org/mediawiki/index.php/JPackage_Java_for_FC4
>
> to install Java. Though written for FC4 it should work too on your FC3.
> It too explains how to use alternatives to switch between different Java
> machines installed in parallel.

It looks interesting, but it doesn't really tell me
which set of alternatives I need to make ant run.

Also, it's a bit dense for me to read online and too wide to print.
Is there a way to get firefox to save as text?
Text I could hand-edit until the hardcopy was readable.

I really wish jpackage.org hadn't *quietly* broken all things java.
Would uninstalling ant bring them back?

--
Mike   hennebry at web.cs.ndsu.NoDak.edu
"I AM DEATH, NOT TAXES.  *I* ONLY TURN UP ONCE."  --  Death