Howto paste with 2 button synaptics touchpad?

Neil Cherry ncherry at comcast.net
Tue Oct 18 00:17:00 UTC 2005

Patrick wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Got a new laptop and was wondering how I can paste text with the
> synaptics touchpad. With a normal mouse I would select the text by click
> and holding the left mouse button, select the text and then paste by
> pressing the middle mouse button. How do you do that with a synaptics
> touchpad which only has two buttons?

2 ways, one is to tap the touch pad (this feature can be annoying
at times) and the other is to use both buttons at the same time.
Watch out for the lines on the touch pad. If you move your finger
to the right of the up/down line it can scroll the application
up and down. If you move your finger below the horizontal line
you move back and forth in Firefox's history (grr!). Other
applications behave differently.

Linux Home Automation         Neil Cherry       ncherry at comcast.net
http://home.comcast.net/~ncherry/               (Text only)
http://hcs.sourceforge.net/                     (HCS II)