Complete graphical boot for Fedora

Rudolf Kastl che666 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 12:14:01 UTC 2005

2005/10/20, Markku Kolkka <markkuk at tuubi.net>:
> Gangaraju kirjoitti viestissään (lähetysaika torstai, 20.
> lokakuuta 2005 13:39):
> > THEN GRAPHICAL BOOT(X SERVER) STARTS , ALL TEXT MESSAGES ARE
> > HIDDEN AND ONLY A IMAGE WITH PROGRESS BAR IS SHOWN.
> >
> > BUT I WANT TO BUILD MY KERNEL AS WHEN SELECTING AT GRUB MENU
> > IT SHOULD NOT SHOW ANY KIND OF TEXT MESSAGES,BUT ONLY
> > GRAPHICAL IMAGE WITH PROGRESS BAR
> > LIKE WINDOWS OS .
>
> STOP SHOUTING!
>
> You have aready posted this same question twice. The anwer
> doesn't change no matter how many times you repeat the question.
> If you don't want to see the text messages, look elsewhere while
> the system boots.
>
> --
>  Markku Kolkka
>  markku.kolkka at iki.fi
>
> --

i dont like caps either... i dont think repeatedly asked questions
either.... but then again i think to myself that this is not the only
option the person has. the sources are available. just gotta check for
the printf's to patch out ;) and see what else uses echos etc to print
text next and below the neat pengiun logo.
from a pure support point of view of course i cant imagine that it
makes sense to ship stock core with this enabled by default because
especially users new to linux will have significant problems to report
initial bootup problems successfully.

regards,
Rudolf Kastl

p.s. if someone does or did it please get the "ultraquiet" patchset
online somewhere ;))