Installing perl modules on FC4 x86_64

David Cary Hart Fedora at TQMcube.com
Thu Oct 20 17:46:41 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-10-20 at 12:35 -0500, Edward.D.Kramer at wellsfargo.com wrote:
> I would just use the CPAN command line to import Perl Modules, its makes
> like a lot easier than dealing with the RPM dependencies.  If you MAN
> CPAN, you should see the exact command to get into the CPAN shell then
> type install MIME::Lite or what ever perl module you want to install.  I
> believe it will resolve any dependencies on the fly for you.

That DOES resolve the dependency but the RPM being installed will still
barf since it will not recognize the source installation. While the
dependencies can be overridden that should not be necessary. RPM
dependencies are always other RPMs.

--
Our DNSRBL - Eliminate Spam: http://www.TQMcube.com/spam_trap.htm
              RBLDNSD HowTo: http://www.TQMcube.com/rbldnsd.htm