translate yum output, please

Michael Hennebry hennebry at web.cs.ndsu.nodak.edu
Thu Oct 20 18:55:59 UTC 2005

On Thu, 20 Oct 2005, Bart Couvreur wrote:

> On 10/20/05, Michael Hennebry <hennebry at web.cs.ndsu.nodak.edu> wrote:
> > Thanks.  That did the trick.
> >
> > Alas, the answer is still no.
> >
> > I still don't know how to deal with the following complaints:
> > [root at hobbes i586]# yum localinstall *.rpm
> > --> Finished Dependency Resolution
> > Error: missing dep: /usr/lib/libodbc.so for pkg java-1.5.0-sun-jdbc
> > Error: missing dep: /usr/lib/libodbcinst.so for pkg java-1.5.0-sun-jdbc
> >
> Do a yum provides libodbc.so (i think it's in unix-odbc or something
> like that) and then do a yum install on the found package

Thanks.
I must have asked it about the wrong thing previously.

Now yum is complaining about the lack of a public key.
Having been at this for a while, I'm in more of a
public crowbar state of mind.
While I still have the capacity to deal with keys,
what do I do about the following?

[root at hobbes i586]# yum provides libodbc.so
unixODBC.i386                            2.2.9-1                base
Matched from:
/usr/lib/libodbc.so.1
/usr/lib/libodbc.so.1.0.0
/usr/lib/libodbc.so
libodbc.so.1
[root at hobbes i586]# yum install unixODBC.i386
Dependencies Resolved
Transaction Listing:
  Install: unixODBC.i386 0:2.2.9-1
Is this ok [y/N]: y
Downloading Packages:
unixODBC-2.2.9-1.i386.rpm 100% |=========================| 772 kB    00:02
warning: rpmts_HdrFromFdno: V3 DSA signature: NOKEY, key ID 4f2a6fd2
public key not available for //var/cache/yum/base/packages/unixODBC-2.2.9-1.i386.rpm
[root at hobbes i586]#

--
Mike   hennebry at web.cs.ndsu.NoDak.edu
"I AM DEATH, NOT TAXES.  *I* ONLY TURN UP ONCE."  --  Death