bouncing mail in evolution

akonstam at trinity.edu akonstam at trinity.edu
Thu Oct 20 21:27:59 UTC 2005

On Wed, Oct 19, 2005 at 09:17:39AM -0400, Scot L. Harris wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-10-19 at 07:56, akonstam at trinity.edu wrote:
>
> >  As someone else suggested you misunderstand what I mean by bounce.
> >  Bounce is the process of transferring mail to another recipient just
> >  as it was received by me. The problem I want to solve that forward
> >  does not do for me is to transfer the mail and all attachments to
> >  someone else. Maybe other e-mail clients act differently but when you
> >  forward a message with mutt and I believe also with evolution the
> >  attachments are not forwarded with the message. If someone knows how
> >  to do this without bouncing I would be glad to hear how to do it.
>
> Ah!  That is different than what was initially thought.
>
> Evolution has several ways to forward a message.  In the
> Tools-->Settings item under the composer options there are three options
> used when forwarding email.  Attachment, in-line, and quoted.  If you
> use attachment I believe it will include the entire message you are
> forwarding.  The other options you are correct, they do not include any
> attachments in the original message.
>
> In that same composer options window there are also options for replies
> which also include attachment of the message for a reply.
>
> See if that option solves the problem.
I appreciate you answer but in my Evolution what you are describing
is: Actiona->Forward as -> Attachment, inline, quoted and Redirect.

I assume it is Redirect that we want.

Felson's Law:
	To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism; to steal from
	many is research.
Aaron Konstam
Computer Science
Trinity University