online calendar/address book tool that intergrades with evolution/kmail

Chris Stark cstark at hawaii.edu
Mon Oct 24 03:36:14 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-10-23 at 20:58 -0600, Gezim Hoxha wrote:
> Hi fellow Fedorians,
>
> I have a web server(apache), mail server (postfix), imap, and
> squirrelmail all configured and running.
>
> Squirrelmail is really good and I like it. In particular, I like the
> fact that it has an address book and a calendar. However I'm looking for
> a mail client that intergrades with squirrelmail address book and
> calendar. If there is no such thing, then a tool to replace squirrelmail
> would be good too. This tool (squirrelmail replacement) would have to
> intergrade with evolution or korganizer (or some other package that has
> mail, address book, and calendar support).
>
> If anyone has any idea(s), I'd be grateful.
> Note: None free (as in money) solutions might be okay too.
>
> Thanks,
> -Gezim

Greetings,

If you want to get your hands dirty, you could set up your addressbook
using LDAP. Then pretty much any mail client could use it (including
squirrelmail).

As for the calendar, I'm not sure if squirrelmail can understand
vCalendar files (also called iCalendar). If so, you could set up a
WebDAV share in Apache to share calendars. Neither of these are super
easy to set up (yet), but with a little persistence, it's certainly
possible.

BTW, Does anyone know if Evolution can do read/write vCalendar
subscriptions? I have only been able to figure out read-only set ups
thus far, even though I swear I've read somewhere that it is possible.

Aloha,
--
Chris Stark
Musician, Linux User, & Grad Student