Cannot boot into linux, /usr/bin/mntent chroot error

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 24 13:18:14 UTC 2005

--- Gilboa Davara <gilboada at netvision.net.il> wrote:

> It'll help.
> In general, you should boot using the rescue CD
> and/or init 1 (by adding
> "1" to the end of the grub command line) and copy
> the missing (?)
> files.
>
> GIlboa

Enabling swap space: ten quotas:  Write mode: CDT 2005
[failed]

rm:  cannot remove 'var/run/dbus/system_bus_socket':
Read only, file sytem

rm:  cannot remove 'var/run/dbus/sdp':  Read only,
file sytem

rm:  cannot remove 'var/run/dbus/utmp':  Read only,
file sytem

/etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit:  line 592 /var/run/utmp:
Read-only filesystem
chmod: changing permissions

I ran system rescue and it says searching for Fedora
Core Installations it says

You don't have any Linux partitions.  Press return to
get a shell.  The system will reboot automatically
when you exit from the shell.

Probably I'll need to reinstall and/or add a new
harddrive to fix this issue.

Thanks for your help/advice

Antonio