[FC4] Cannot uninstall SCIM

Leon Pu leon_xf_pu at yahoo.com.cn
Mon Oct 24 16:05:55 UTC 2005

Hi all,

my scim-1.4.2-4.fc4 installation doesn't work in my FC4, scim doesn't
popup after I trigger the shortcut ctrl+space. So I want uninstall it
to try a new installation.

But the uninstallation failed with following message.

[message]
/etc/X11/xinit/xinput.d/scim has not been configured as an alternative
for xinput-ja_JP
/etc/X11/xinit/xinput.d/scim has not been configured as an alternative
for xinput-ko_KR
/etc/X11/xinit/xinput.d/scim has not been configured as an alternative
for xinput-zh_CN
/etc/X11/xinit/xinput.d/scim has not been configured as an alternative
for xinput-zh_TW
/etc/X11/xinit/xinput.d/scim has not been configured as an alternative
for xinput-bn_IN
/etc/X11/xinit/xinput.d/scim has not been configured as an alternative
for xinput-gu_IN
/etc/X11/xinit/xinput.d/scim has not been configured as an alternative
for xinput-hi_IN
/etc/X11/xinit/xinput.d/scim has not been configured as an alternative
for xinput-kn_IN
/etc/X11/xinit/xinput.d/scim has not been configured as an alternative
for xinput-ml_IN
/etc/X11/xinit/xinput.d/scim has not been configured as an alternative
for xinput-pa_IN
/etc/X11/xinit/xinput.d/scim has not been configured as an alternative
for xinput-ta_IN
/etc/X11/xinit/xinput.d/scim has not been configured as an alternative
for xinput-te_IN
error: %postun(scim-1.4.2-4.fc4.i386) scriptlet failed, exit status 1
[message]

Both "rpm -e scim-1.4.2-4.fc4" and "yum remove scim" failed with
preceding message.

Best regards,
Leon