how to control create permissions in a dir?

tlc tlc at artemide.us
Tue Oct 25 20:10:45 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-10-25 at 14:19 -0500, Christopher J. Bottaro wrote:
> I have a dir /home/music which is shared by all my users.  I want every file
> created under /home/music to have 666 permissions, no matter who creates
> it, and every dir created under /home/music to have 777 permissions, no
> matter who creates it.  How do I do this?
>
> Thank you for the help.

are these going to be local users or samba users? If they are smb users
you can set that up in the conf file.

If they are regular users .. well not sure .. you might be better off
using group permissions. I'll let someone else answer that.

You could always have a little cron job that did the wok for you as
well, but I am sure there is a better way to do it. :)