MP3 Players [was Re: Sound for M7NCG 400 Motherboard running FC3]

Jay Moore jaymo at mail.bokler.com
Wed Oct 26 01:13:18 UTC 2005

OK - I solved *part* of the problem... seems I had a hardware problem.
The BostonAcoustics speaker system I tried to use has a plug that's
different from most - it has only one "ring", whereas others have two
(2)... I plugged another speaker system in, and I can now get sounds
out. Yipeeee!

Next problem: I've got a bunch of mp3's I ripped that just won't play in
*any* of the players on this machine. I did install an mp3 codec on this
machine - in fact I installed it so I could rip mp3's on this machine
using "Sound Juicer". However, the following players don't respond to
the "play" button when I have an mp3 selected:
Audio Player
Kaboodle
Music Player
Noatun

I realize the IP issues with mp3's, but since I've installed the mp3
codec, why won't any of these players work?

Thnx,
Jay