FC4 does not work, "out of the box" for me; GUI/X11 fails

Mike Pepe lamune at doki-doki.net
Wed Oct 26 12:32:35 UTC 2005

David Niemi wrote:

(snip)

> Shouldn't Daniel be booting to single user mode by adding a 1 or 3 or
> something to the grub boot line to enable him to boot from the hard
> drive in text mode to do the updates with yum?

yes, I did mention installing in text mode so you can see what's going
on, but once that's done you would need to boot into runlevel 3 and
update via yum or up2date.

to do that, when GRUB starts, just hit any key except enter and edit the
boot command. append the number 3 to the end, and it should boot up into
text mode.

-Mike