scsi mass storage problem - followup

Andrew Couture relicsrage at gmail.com
Wed Oct 26 16:14:54 UTC 2005

OK, do you have gphoto2 installed?
If you have gthumbs installed, gphoto2 is installed.
I have two digital cameras, one Minolta DV and a Canon G5.
Both have worked flawlessly with FC2/3/4.

I am using FC4 with newest kernel.
Example...i plug in camera, gthumbs opens and asks 'import photos?'

Assuming you have FC4 and the newest kernel, 'yum install gthumbs'
or apt-get or whatever you poison.

Make sure you remove your 'rules' and other changes (put everything
back as original) then plug in your camera.

If you want,envoke gphoto2 from the CLI, or man gphoto2 for more info.
Check out the home page for gphoto2 for more information on your
camera (optional).

I have not had to play with 'fstab' or create 'local.rules' for udev
or screw with any permissions. It works out of the box, first time
every time for me. I have FC4 installed on five systems here at home,
and it just works on every computer.

andy