FC4 IP Masquerading

Jonathan Rawle gmane at jonathanrawle.co.uk
Wed Oct 26 23:48:08 UTC 2005

Tony Crouch wrote:

> [root at localhost tony]# /sbin/iptables -D POSTROUTING -t nat -s
> 192.168.0.0/24 -d  ! 192.168.0.0/24 \ -j MASQUERADE
> Bad argument ` -j'
> Try `iptables -h' or 'iptables --help' for more information.

> Any ideas as to why this switch is being reported as being invalid?

Charles has already given you the correct answer about the backslash on the
end of the line. Sorry for the confusion, I did debate whether to include
it. My news client wraps the text automatically, so I thought including the
backlash would make it possible to paste the command in one go.

Hope it works now!

--
http://jonathan.rawle.org/