best/favorite/easiest to use DVD player..

Marcel Janssen korgull at home.nl
Thu Oct 27 00:19:18 UTC 2005

On Tuesday 25 October 2005 01:26, Amadeus W. M. wrote:
> Yes, I forgot to mention, mplayer does not play menus (forget about xine),
> but that's a feature that command line fanatics (such as the mplayer
> developers, or myself) like. Go directly to the movie.

Interesting to see that lack of feature is turned into something good :-)
I think the application should be able to do both as you chose.

On the other hand, DVD's are intended to start with a menu so for the majority
of people I think xine is more on track regarding DVD playing.

Anyway, both xine and mplayer have their own advantages. I guess one simply
has to chose or use both depending on the situation.

Regards,
Marcel