LVM Resize Revisited

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Thu Oct 27 05:41:46 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-10-27 at 00:26, Mark Sargent wrote:

> >You just need to type 'exit' twice.  Once to quit the
> >chroot shell that is keeping the mount point busy and
> >again to exit the rescue mode shell which will automatically
> >do a clean reboot.
> >

> Hi All,
>
> sorry, if I do 2 exits, which gives me a reboot, where am I rebooting
> to.? The main OS, or to the Rescue CD again. If I boot the main OS,
> that'll load/mount the volume/file system that I wanna resize, yes,
> which would not allow me to resize.? I'm using LVM2. Sorry, not too sure
> what you're suggesting. Cheers.

I thought you were finished.  You can't umount a filesystem while
your shell's current directory is in it.  So, the first 'exit'
will take you out of the chroot area.  If you want to do some
more stuff in rescue mode you can do it at that point, but
you'll be working with the tools/path on the CD and the
image under /mnt/sysinstall again instead of the more or
less normal environment you saw with the chroot shell.
You don't have to do the 2nd 'exit' until you are done, and
then you'll want to take the CD out as the system restarts.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell at gmail.com