best/favorite/easiest to use DVD player..

STYMA, ROBERT E (ROBERT) stymar at lucent.com
Thu Oct 27 14:56:49 UTC 2005

> I think this is the worst aspect of DVDs.
>
> When I play a music disc, I want to hear the music.  I put it in and
> press play, it plays the music.
>
> DVD players should work the same way:  Put it in, press play,
> the movie
> begins.  I've got a menu button on my player *should* I want to do
> something else (like sit through several minutes of animated
> menus, one
> after another, several copyright warnings in different languages, and
> three film company brag clips, etc).

I agree with the complaint about having to wade through advertisements
before you get to watch the movie.  Fortunately the "main menu" button
will usually help skip over these.  Many DVD's also come with short
documentaries about how the movie was made which makes the menu a
useful.  Also scene selection helps since many DVD players do not let
you take the disk out, put it in later, and pick up where you left off.
(The old VCR technology did have some good points.)  Just my 2 cents worth.

Bob Styma