Question about sendmail...

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Fri Oct 28 04:34:41 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-10-27 at 23:18, Alexander Dalloz wrote:

> I would vote for running a local DNS (bind) service, in conjunction with
> DHCP and dynamic zone updates. That would be ideal. And for unqualified
> sender addresses use the masquerading features of Sendmail.

I think there are some NAT routers that will actually accept
the outside address when sent to the inside interface which
avoids the need for any special consideration since the
inside hosts can then send to the right place with the
address supplied by public DNS.  I don't know which versions
do it, though.

--
  Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com