grub password

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at insight.rr.com
Fri Oct 28 23:00:17 UTC 2005

Eric Tanguy wrote:

>I would like to know how to protect grub command line to be modified at
>startup by a password ?
>Thanks
>
>--
>Eric Tanguy | Nantes, France
><eric.tanguy at univ-nantes.fr>
>Key : A4B8368F | Key Server : subkeys.pgp.net
>Fedora Core release 4 (Stentz) sur athlon kernel 2.6.13-1.1532_FC4

During the install process, you have an option to select a password for
grub. After installation, I have no idea.

The man or info programs might give you some help. You can also get info
on config files. Grub  contains the password within grub.conf.

I hope this leads you in the right direction.

Jim

--
QOTD:
	If it's too loud, you're too old.