NFS (export) not starting up at reboot

akonstam at trinity.edu akonstam at trinity.edu
Fri Oct 28 23:00:50 UTC 2005

On Fri, Oct 28, 2005 at 02:54:26PM -0400, yonas abraham wrote:
> On Fri, 2005-10-28 at 12:49 -0600, Philip Prindeville wrote:
> > I have the following situation... running FC3 (updated) on an x86_64
> > platform.
> >
> > When I reboot, I don't see any messages about NFS service failing or
> > being started (and looking in boot.log confirms this).
> >
> > But if I then log in and run "service nfs start" manually, it goes without
> > a hitch.
> >
> > I looked at the permissions, etc. of the /etc/rc.d/init.d file and it
> > looks fine.
> >
> > Where else should I be looking?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > -Philip
> >

> /sbin/chkconfig --add nfs
>
> perhaps?
Well first I would run:
chkconfig --list |grep nfs
to see if nfs is set up to be started.
If not I would run:
chkconfig --list 35 nfs on
which causes nfs to be stated at run level 3 and 5.
It is also necessary for nfslock to be executed for nfs to work.
Again chkconfig is your friend to get that to happen.
Aaron Konstam
Computer Science
Trinity University
telephone: (210)-999-7484