best/favorite/easiest to use DVD player..

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sat Oct 29 03:54:18 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-10-28 at 09:09 -0600, Robin Laing wrote:
> I would like to just put the DVD in and play it but from market
> surveys, customers want all the extras.  It was one of the features
> that pushed DVD sales way over video cassettes.  Heck, many people
> that I talk to about DVD's spend more time talking about the extras.
> Why do all the dual DVD or sets sell so well?  In many cases it is the
> extras.

While I agree people like the extras, I doubt that all would be too
happy about the way they're done (convoluted menus, hidden items,
mystery navigation, etc.).

I don't think much of marketing surveys, they're either skewed to
present the desired results, or just stupidly done.  I'm quite confident
that if people were asked if they'd like the first press of the play
button to just play the movie, and the menu button could let them do
everything else, that'd be popular.  Most especially if you asked them,
too, if it was annoying having to work through a disc like most force
you to, currently.

I read messages from the public lists.