Broken spell checker: A/I spell

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Sat Oct 29 19:36:37 UTC 2005

I was just typing away in Kate when I did a spell check. My pet rat
chose that moment to step on the keyboard, and I don't know what she
pressed, but the spell checker closed and I get this error when I try
to check (translated):
Cannot run the spell checking program. Please check that the spell
checking program is properly installed and is in your path.

So I opened the options of Kate and in the spell checking dialog I
tried all sorts of combination (Ispell/ Aspell/ Hspell/ International
Ispell, different encodings, different dictionaries), but gives me a
working spell checker. Any ideas?

Dotan Cohen
http://technology-sleuth.com/question/what_is_a_cellphone.html