Sound lost on FC#

akonstam at trinity.edu akonstam at trinity.edu
Sun Oct 30 14:23:46 UTC 2005

On Sat, Oct 29, 2005 at 06:58:42PM -0500, chrisl at xp.etowns.net wrote:
> I ran across a weird problem with my Dell laptop where I had lost sound.
> Well technically I hadn't lost sound, only sound to my speakers. When I
> plugged in headphones I had sound. I found out that there is a ALSA
> mixer setting that you can turn off and my speakers worked again.
>
> If headphone work on your machine you can start up alsamixer and then go
> all the way to the right, I think it was called MM or something like that.
>
> Chris
No, MM means that the column in alsamixer display is muted. Hit M
and the MM will change to 00 and not be muted. Hitting the up and
down arrows will change the level in the column.

"Mr. Watson, come here, I want you."   -- Alexander Graham Bell
Aaron Konstam
Computer Science
Trinity University
telephone: (210)-999-7484