Running KDE on VNC

mskinnym at aim.com mskinnym at aim.com
Sun Oct 30 23:07:45 UTC 2005

 Maurie

-----Original Message-----
From: mskinnym at aim.com
To: fedora-list at redhat.com
Cc: removemyname at aim.com
Sent: Sun, 30 Oct 2005 18:06:45 -0500
Subject: Re: Running KDE on VNC

 Maurie

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Brummett <mb at zkcartcc.org>
To: fedora-list at redhat.com
Sent: Sun, 30 Oct 2005 17:02:53 -0600
Subject: Running KDE on VNC

I have an issue where, when I have both Gnome and KDE installed as my
windows, I would like to select one on or the other.  I've gone through
several different websites telling me to change some settings in the
startup script, with no luck.  It always launches Gnome.  Here is the
configuration logging in with Gnome.

#!/bin/sh
# Uncomment the following two lines for normal desktop:
unset SESSION_MANAGER
exec /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc

[ -x /etc/vnc/xstartup ] && exec /etc/vnc/xstartup
[ -r $HOME/.Xresources ] && xrdb $HOME/.Xresources
xsetroot -solid grey
vncconfig -iconic &
xterm -geometry 80x24+10+10 -ls -title "$VNCDESKTOP Desktop" &
twm &

I've changed the last line to startkde, but no luck.  I've done several
other things.

Thanks for any help in advance.

MB