what are the iproute2 rules and routes startup scripts

Robin Mordasiewicz robin at bullseye.tv
Mon Oct 31 13:28:44 UTC 2005

On Sun, 30 Oct 2005, Alexander Dalloz wrote:

> Am Sa, den 29.10.2005 schrieb Robin Mordasiewicz um 19:35:
>
>> How do I configure iproute2 rules and route tables to automatically start
>> at boot time, or to be run when the network script is run
>>
>> ie. I can issue the following commands, but when the machine reboots the
>> settings are not automtically set. Typically I have been accustomed to
>> editing /etc/sysconfig/network to establist a default route, but I need to
>> configure multiple routing tables. I can edit /etc/iproute2/rt_tables to
>> add the table names, but where do I put the config settings for the rules
>> and routes.
>>

>> [root at localhost]# ip route add default via 10.90.2.1 dev bond0.902 table 11
>> [root at localhost]# ip ru add from 10.90.2.244/32 table 11 priority 500
>
> device specific routes: /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/route-<device>
>
> device independent routes:
> /etc/sysconfig/static-routes
>
> Both take "ip route" syntax, only "static-routes" requires a leading
> "any" for each line. See /usr/share/doc/initscripts-*/sysconfig.txt for
> more.

Ok, but what about the rules,
ie. When issueing the following commands I understand how I can use the
route-device file, but which file do edit to deal with the "ip rule add"
line ?

/sbin/ip rule delete from ${IPADDR} lookup ${TABLE}
/sbin/ip rule add from ${IPADDR} table ${TABLE} priority ${PRIORITY}