mounting DVD/CD, what is supposed to be in fstab ?

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Mon Oct 31 13:45:58 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-10-31 at 00:25 +0200, Marcel Janssen wrote:

> I somehow can't put "auto" for fstype in fstab because in that case it will
> mount a DVD using the iso9660 fstype (which is wrong).

Hmm, although I don't use MythTV, I have a FC3 box with a DVD-ROM drive.
My fstab file has "auto" for the filesystem, and it manages to mount
discs with the appropriate filetypes.  What if you try using
"udf,iso9660" as the filetype entry?  I seem to recall that was how it
used to be done a long time ago (DVD-ROM drive entries in the fstab
file).

> Is this mouting of a DVD using the iso9660 fstype a bug ?

I would have thought so.  I thought all DVDs had to be UDF.  Though are
you sure the discs are formatted as UDF?

I read messages from the public lists.