FC4 does not work, 'out of the box' for me; GUI/X11 fails

Robin Laing Robin.Laing at drdc-rddc.gc.ca
Mon Oct 31 15:32:16 UTC 2005

William Hooper wrote:
> Robin Laing wrote:
> [snip]
>
>>A simple question is;
>>

>>How hard is it to make an ISO that only changes the versions of the
>>packages included?  Keep it simple.
>

> For an individual user, it's not that hard, there are guides on the net.
>
> For the Fedora project, it's more difficult.  I've mentioned many
> different issues in this thread that I'm not going to bother repeating.

For most of the issues you have raised, I don't disagree.  But from a
user point of view, it is an issue.  On one weekend, I installed FC4
on two machines.  With the updates, it added allot of extra download
time for each machine.  If the DVD's had been current it would have
been much easier.  For FC5, I plan on updating one machine and then
making it available for updating the other machine.  At least this
will save some bandwidth.

--
Robin Laing