Security, Hacking & Social Engineering Presentation.

James Kosin jkosin at beta.intcomgrp.com
Mon Oct 31 16:39:38 UTC 2005

Emmanuel Goldstein wrote:

>Man, the presentation is not related to any subject at university, Im
>not getting any profit from it and It doesnt even have anything to do
>with any teacher. Im just asking security proffessionals for
>information. If you do not have any, just dont say anything. Dont
>start assuming things that are completely false making me to look
>stupid in the list.
>

>>>With this list of topics,
>>>How many days long is this presentation going to be?
>>
>>He is hoping to get enough information for papers to use in his other
>>classes and for other classmates. Probably plans to plagiarize the work
>>anyone sends him and turn it in. Almost sounds like a business plan
>>from the dot com days. :)
>>
>>If this was a class in social engineering he just failed. :)
>>

>>--
>>

>--
>Emmanuel Goldstein.
>Room 101, Ministry of Truth.
>W2, London. Oceania.

Emmanuel,

You have to cool down.  You asked a very long question with hundreds
if not thousands of external sources available from GOOGLE.  Not all
of us are experts...  and this question qualifies as someone digging
for information like a student, which we highly dislike helping other
than giving general responses to.

First,  Have you googled your topics?
Second,  Search the list archives.  We have many security related
discussions about various things in general.  SpamAssassin, Sendmail,
SSH, etc.
Third, the only secure computer is one which is not connected to an
outside network!

Sorry to disappoint you.... but, we are only responding to a question
(that looks too much like) a student would ask.

James Kosin

--
Scanned by ClamAV - http://www.clamav.net