Login screen not showing up

Not sure what I have done but I installed Fedora 4 several weeks ago and everything was fine. However, a couple of weeks ago I suddenly can't see my login screen anymore. I can see my system booting up and I can see the show/hide details screen and then I get a blank screen when all the services are started. I don't know where to begin to analyze this problem. Right now, I am relying on ssh to remotely login to my server. Thanks for any possible help.