Re: Login screen not showing up

gb spam wrote:

Not sure what I have done but I installed Fedora 4 several weeks ago and
everything was fine.  However, a couple of weeks ago I suddenly can't
see my login screen anymore.  I can see my system booting up and I can
see the show/hide details screen and then I get a blank screen when all
the services are started.  I don't know where to begin to analyze this
problem.  Right now, I am relying on ssh to remotely login to my
server.  Thanks for any possible help.

sounds like your X config could be borked, try running
system-config-display and then restart your X server

Does system-config-display work through a ssh session? I just tried it
but nothing happens and I had to do a Ctrl-C to kill it.

it should do. do you have an X server running where your ssh'ing from? maybe you need ssh -X or ssh -Y to ensure X will be tunneled?

Actually, I am using putty from Windows XP.