Re: chown

Kenneth Porter wrote:

--On Thursday, September 01, 2005 4:41 AM +0200 Liloulinx <alilou_linux yahoo fr> wrote:

Evry time when I create a directory, automaticaly the system make the
root as the owner of this directory. When I (the user or the root) try to
change its owner (by using the chown commande), the answer of the system
is "not allowed Operation".
Where is the problem? is there a bad parameter...

What filesystem are you doing this on? For some kinds of filesystem, the whole filesystem is owned by the user configured at mount time.

it's a VFAT system.
Yes it's true in /home/my_directory I can create a directory and I'm the owner, but when I move it to the other partition, it became automatically the property of root (the owner)!! Is there solution to this???