Problem printing

Bob Taylor brtaylor at sanfelipe.com.mx
Thu Sep 1 06:47:51 UTC 2005

I am running FC3 and using Tex for letters and other documents I write.
I have found that the top margin is totally ignored and all printing
seems to be at the top of the page. If I want a 54pt top margin, the
beginning of the page is at the top. If I use the default 1 inch top
margin and 1 inch left margin, then the left margin is 1.5 inch and the
top is 1.05. If I set all margins including the hard ones, then I get
the same 1.5 inch margins. I am using a HP DeskJet 694C printer. It
seems *something* is ignoring the top margin setting. I have changed the
settings via system-config-printer without any change. I have used the -
o page-top=54 option to lpr without any change. I have used the -O x,y
option of dvips without any change. I have used this same printer
running Red Hat 6.2 on this same computer before I installed FC2 on it,
without this problem so it is *not* the printer. I have not found what
or where these margins are set!

Does this ring a bell with anyone? I am at a total loss!

brtaylor at sanfelipe.com.mx