ipv6 question

Hi All -

I notice that when I want to disable ipv6, it requires a reboot.  I am not
sure I understand why.  Once I add these two lines to /etc/modprobe.conf:

alias net-pf-10 off
alias ipv6 off

I can't rmmod the ipv6 kernel module, even if I go to single user mode,
stop all services and rmmod all the modules that have anything to do with
networking.

Why is that?  What has the ipv6 module busy?

Thanks!
--
Thomas Cameron, RHCE, CNE, MCSE, MCT
Please reply to the list, not to me directly.