Re: Can't type in Gnome in FC4 after yum update [solved, but not understood]

Steven Stern wrote:
I just did an update in FC4 and picked up all the new X11 stuff.  When I
boot into Gnome and open a terminal session, gedit, or other application
like that, I can't type.  The cursor doesn't move and no letters appear
on screen.

I can type in the login box to get logged in, and I can type when I need
to use a root level application.  However, that's about all.

If I switch to KDE, everything operates normally.

Is anyone experiencing anything like this?

I don't know what happened, but I deleted ~/.gconf and the problem went away.

--

  Steve