Sound is mute everytime after reboot

hello list,

i noticed that the sound goes mute each time after rebooting my laptop.
(fc4 x86_64)
i reset it by the volume control but after reboot every option in the
volume control goes back to mute. how can i make this to stay good?
i don't remember it was so before the last update???
made the same update on my desktop (fc4 i386) with no sound problems
there.

any idea?
greetings,

Johan Lozano