Configuring firewall for Azureus

oldman talbotscott at cox.net
Fri Sep 2 16:42:41 UTC 2005

Paul Smith wrote:

>Dear All
>
>I have followed the instructions given in the section "Azureus for
>bittorrent" at
>
>http://fedoranews.org/mediawiki/index.php/Fedora_Core_4_Linux_Installation_Notes#Bittorrent_and_bittorrent-gui:
>
>to configure the firewall in order to have Azureus running on my
>computer. However, Azureus does not make connections after that
>configuration procedure. Any advice?
>
>Thanks in advance,
>
>Paul

    Not sure where your problem is, but did you check the output of
"iptables -L" are ports 6881-6889 opened for tcp?
    The only thing I did for iptables was to open the system
settings-->security level and add 6881:tcp, 6881:udp to the Other ports box.
    If the iptables are o.k. find a .torrent in Firefox.  when you click
on a link FF will ask what you want to do with the ".torrent" file use
the "browse" box to make Firefox use the Azureus program hit the O.K.
button.
    All should work fine, if not, write back and tell me what version of
java you use, or start Azureus in the terminal and look for errors in
the printout.

Scott