up2date w/o GPG signature?

I launched up2date on a new Fedora install this morning. The kernel and package updates come down without GPG signatures. I don't believe I've seen this before -- anyone know if this happens occasionally, or something I need to do to correct it? (I have the checkbox selected in whatever menu box comes up at first launch.)
Thanks,
-Ben