Re: Program to do backups

On Sat, 2005-03-09 at 12:05 +0100, Paul Smith wrote:
> I am looking for a nice program to make backups from the relevant
> directories on my hard disk to a dvd+rw. Any suggestions?

You could use tools supplied with the distro itself, such as tar,
but you might find these friendlier and easier to use (though somewhat
more difficult to setup):

BackupPC
http://backuppc.sourceforge.net/

Bacula
http://www.bacula.org

Mondo Rescue
http://www.mondorescue.org/

Any of those would serve your needs.  I recommend BackupPC or Bacula.

HTH,

Ranbir

--
Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu