Re: bp zipImport errors

Roger Binns wrote:
However, I'm now encountering a puzzling problem. On the fourth or fifth launch of bitpim (sequential, not simultaneous) I generally encounter the following error:

   zipimport.ZipImportError: not a Zip file: '/usr/lib/bitpim-0.7.32/bp'
   Fatal Python error: cannot get zipimporter instance
   Aborted

You can thank your operating system for this.  Every evening it runs a
task that goes around stripping files.  In this bp is an ELF binary
with a zip file appended.  The automated strip processes is removing
the zip file.

I suggest finding the cron job that does this and stop it.  (No, I don't
know what it is exactly as I don't run Fedora).

Roger

This is from the Bitpim mailing list. Does anyone here know what he's referring to? Why would Fedora run a task that randomly deletes zip files? Is there a way to prevent this?

Regards,
Chris Spencer